Monday, February 9, 2009

Project 52 (3/52)

So Skye convinced me to try this thing called project 52. My goal is to take pictures of my kid's once a week, with either me in them or them in the studio or on location. I do have a lot of pictures of them all dressed up cute, but I don't have very many candid shots of them. So at the end of the year I will have 52 pictures of them and me and will make an album or book out of them.
I would love it if any of you would like to try this project as well, especially those moms who are getting into photography. I think it would be fun to push yourselves and try new things. If you don't have kids, you can take picture of friends, animals ect.

So in January you can email me a link to your blog. The first 10 people I get emails from, I will give $100 off any session in January or February. The one who has the most creative pictures, I will do a free session for and a free album.

*Sorry I have gotten a million emails about project 52, I meant to email me January 2009. I will send a reminder in January. Thanks everyone for your interest!

Go get your cameras and start today. I know we are a little behind already so you can catch up on your six pictures throughout the year.
Here are a couple of my kids.


10 comments:

Camille said...

How fun! Count me in! LOVE love love, your photos!

Sarah said...

Sweet! I am in... See my blog at http://simplysharpsix.blogspot.com/

The Perry Family said...

Kate you are so cute!!! I will give it a try!! Our life seems so insane right now, but it will be a good challenge!!

Stacy said...

I like this challenge, especially the part about being in the photo with them. I take tons of snapshots but I'm never in them. Did you use a tripod? I have a 5D and it's too heavy to hold out. I can do it but I always end up with a goofy look on my face because I'm trying to see if I'm aiming it in the right direction. LOL. I made my blog private at the beginning of the year but if you want to look just drop me an email. I get tons of inspiration from your photography so I'm always looking at your blog. Not to mention baby names. You photograph kids with the most unique names. Anyway...I'm going to try this but keep it as a mommy and child photo a week! Thanks for the idea!

Keri said...

This sounds like such a good idea. I'm not good at remembering to take pictures, so maybe this will help. See my blog at keriandchris.blogspot.com. :)

Laura said...

I absolutely love the girls clothes, they look like Matilda Jane are they?

Missy said...

This is a great idea! I need more pics of me with my girls! Hopefully it will help my photography skillz!

Heather D. said...

I'm in Katie!

amberandlandon said...

Fun! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for the fun project. Your girls are so adorable.

jeppsenfam said...

Thanks for the challenge: jeppsen6.blogspot.com